There’s still plenty of time to shop for Christmas, and gifts unique to the New England region are great choices to keep in mind. No matter whether your recipient is in the area, living in another area and missing NE, or unfamiliar with the area, New England goodies might be just what you need.
Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
- Soup and spoon mixes featuring regional favorites like clasm chowder or rissotto
- Maple sugar candies (if you’ve never had these, you’re missing out!)
- Gift baskets featuring favorite local foods and wines from the region
- Lobster rope baskets (consider filling them with favorite foods, throw blankets, or stuffed animals)
- Hand-blown glass items, including vases or dinnerware
- Bowls from sugar maples and other native trees
- Specialty jams and jellies, especially with Maine blueberries
With all of these great choices, you don’t need to worry about whether your recipients will have to settle for souvenir items if they want New England gifts. Visit True New England to learn about local merchants.