Lent has arrived, a bit earlier than usual this year. For many New Englanders, this means eating fish instead of meat on at least some days during the season. How do you keep your fast while eating foods you’ll enjoy during the season?
- Make a fish and chips dinner using cod, that favorite New England classic. It’s a versatile fish that has a lot of possibilities for entree options in place of meat.
- Clam chowder is a great meat-free option that will keep you filled on a chilly day. As an alternative, consider Rhode Island-style chowder made with clear broth
- Shrimp scampi is always a good choice, and easy to make without spending a lot of time in the kitchen. It’s certain to be a major favorite at dinner.
What are your favorite seafood recipes perfect for Lent? Visit our Facebook page to share them!
If you’ve ever wondered whether a rental car is a good way to get around New Haven, CT, you’ll be pleased to know that this option is excellent for your travels plans.
The coastal location makes New Haven an ideal location for people coming from other areas of New England, as well as the Big Apple. In addition to boasting several historical attractions, the city’s multicultural focus gives it a lot of exciting ethnic restaurants.
Some of the tasty types of ethnic cuisine that await include:
Having access to a car is also an easy way to see the best attractions, including:
- The Pardee Morris House
- The Peabody Museum of Natural History
- Yale University
- Long Wharf Theater
New Haven, like so much of New England, boasts fall foliage unlike any other. A nice thing about visiting this area is having access to this beautiful foliage without having to venture far from the city. Here are some examples of parks to visit with many great features:
- Sleeping Giant State Park, East Rock Park, West Rock State Park – All of these parks have biking and hiking trails
- Fort Nathan Hale Park – A great historic park with a fort and nature trail where you can also see the Betsy Ross flag
- Lighthouse Point Park – See the carousel, enjoy shoreline views, and get your wildlife fix
With all of these great attractions to choose from, you won’t want to miss out. Visit True New England for all the resources you need for your next trip.