Doing laundry isn’t a big deal, even if you’re traveling and using the hotel laundry room or a laundromat, but you want to make sure that all of your laundry is properly sorted. Using easy laundry sorting tips will help ensure your loads come out nicely every time and help you avoid common mistakes.
Because many self-catering options feature a washer and dryer, you might not have to spend time running out to a laundromat. However, if you do have to use communal facilities, your laundry days will be much easier when you follow these tips.
- Sorting by color is very common, to eliminate problems that arise from colors bleeding. Whites should always be laundered separately.
- Laundry in colors should be sorted according to pastels, medium colors, and light prints.
- Sorting by temperature is also helpful, because heavily soiled fabrics require different treatment from fabrics with less soiling.
- It is also good to separate some types of fabric, as there are some materials that shed.
- Always remove tissues or pieces of paper from your pockets before putting your clothes in the wash. (The laudromat staff and other customers will be very grateful for the last two tips being followed!)
Self-catering suites and vacation homes offer many great amenities, please browse our directory listings to learn more.